"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Share the Housework

I just read that women whose spouses share the housework feel far less stress.  Thirty married couples who both hold a full-time job and have at least one child were studied.  Saliva samples were taken to measure cortisol levels, a hormone that can affect sleep, weight and the immune system.  The bottom line, share the work and have a happier wife. 

Quite frankly, I didn't need to read a study in the Journal of Family Psychology to know what can set off my wife.  Thirty-five years of marriage did the trick.  It took a while, but to this day if she makes dinner, I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen or at least offer.  I try to at least help out with chores, but please note, we stopped keeping score a long time ago.  My advice to husbands--start helping out or at least offering, especially if you both work; it will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment