"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So Much To Be Thankful For

As we approach Thanksgiving, it is an excellent time to reflect on what we have to be thankful for this year.  For me, there are so many things including:

  • My son-in-law Terrell, beating cancer this year and successfully recovering from a knee and partial femur replacement which was required due to the cancer.
  • My wife Pamela, who came into my life almost 40 years ago and whom I love more each day.
  • My daughters, Jessica and Lauren.  Jessica was faced with a plethora of challenges this year and successfully overcame every one of them.  Both daughters are wonderfully successful, both personally and professionally, as well as being two really nice people.
  • My executive team members, who are an exceptional group of people, extremely hardworking and do amazing things each day.
  • My Board of Directors, who are strongly committed to the success of WMHS and  personally supportive of me each day.
  • The WMHS employees and the many physicians who serve our patients each day.  These people are focused daily on the success of our mission.....Superior Care For All We Serve.
  • I am grateful for my extended family, my friends and my new colleagues through the Trivergent Health Alliance.

As 2014 comes to a close next month, I will be anxious for the year to be over, based on the personal challenges that my family faced, but excited for 2015.  A new year where we can continue to do amazing things, but with everyone around me healthy. 


Happy Thanksgiving!  Please have a safe and happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment