"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Delaware, Really?

Last night, I heard that Presidential candidate, Newt Gingrich, was going to remain in the race for the GOP nomination for President if he won Delaware.  Are you kidding me?  He only won two previous states going into yesterday's Northeast primaries and, in addition to Delaware, there were primaries in New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.  Newt, who I liked more when he was focusing on being positive as a Presidential candidate and who is, in my opinion, the smartest guy running for President, campaigned extensively in Delaware.  Why Delaware is somewhat of a mystery to me.  Maybe when your campaign is $4.3 million in debt, you could tell your supporters that you have momentum by winning another state.  But, Delaware?  Believe me, I love Delaware.  I have wonderful memories of Delaware, having gone to college there for two years.  After losing Delaware, I think that Newt needs to realize that the party is over and the proverbial fat lady is singing.  It is time to get out of the race, endorse Mitt Romney, beg him to help offset your extensive campaign debts and hope for a position in a Romney White House should that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment