"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Delta

I rarely fly Delta Airlines and wasn't too pleased that it was the airline selected by our travel agent for our trip to Canada, especially after hearing that the servicemen and women had to pay extra baggage fees.   I always thought that Delta stood for Don't Expect Luggage to Arrive.  Although I have never experienced my luggage being lost by Delta, I went along with what I had always heard and certainly wasn't pleased with their fees for military personnel.  

But, I have to tell you that I couldn't have been more pleased with every aspect of the air travel.  They were on time, very accommodating, and couldn't have been nicer--from the ticket agents, gate agents, flight attendants, pilot and, yes, luggage handlers.  No lost luggage; in fact, it arrived in baggage claim pretty quickly.  I would fly them again without hesitation provided Corporate doesn't institute any additional draconian policies.   Thanks to the frontline Delta employees for your part in making my vacation memorable and being a model for service excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment