"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Garbage Day

Tuesdays and Fridays are garbage pickup days in my neighborhood.  I marvel at the number of people who don't have garbage cans and simply place their kitchen garbage bags at the curb.  As I drive to work, I see the same people picking up trash in front of their homes garbage day after garbage day.  These people put their trash out the night before. During the night, animals tear through the bags, scavenger what they can and leave a mess.  I wouldn't mind it if it was the occasional neighborhood cat, but I live in a development set in the foothills of a small mountain with an elevation of 2250 ft.  I share the neighborhood with bears, bobcats, birds of prey, dogs and cats.   It would take one time for this to happen to me and then I would invest in a garbage can.  Wasn't it Einstein who said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  That's my neighbors and these aren't dumb people, well at least, usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment