"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Pamela

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am on vacation this week.  I have been blogging more about the personal aspects of my life than work and it's been a nice change.  One of the reasons that I am on vacation is to celebrate my 35th wedding anniversary tomorrow.  I have been truly blessed to have fallen in love with such a wonderful women.  I have said it hundreds of times over the 35 years that she is a gift from God.  Pamela is not only my wife, but she is also my best friend.  You might say does he have anymore clichés to throw in here?  OK, she completes me; she is my world; she is the love of my life.  Pamela is all of the above. 

Has it always been perfect, hell no.  When we were first married we were making minimum wage ($2.80 per hour).  Pamela's father had to co-sign for everything.  We were poor, living in a three-room apartment with a bed being the only piece of furniture for quite some time.  We lived pay check to pay check for years.  We struggled, we argued, but we persevered.    We made it work.  Unlike today, where couples divorce after the slightest challenge to their marriage.  A few weeks ago, we were out with six couples and the years of marriage ranged from a low of 30 to a high of 39.  Pretty cool, but unfortunately a dying breed. 

Anyway, my marriage continues to be a great ride, a wonderful wife and two fabulous daughters.  Pamela, thank you for 35 years that I wouldn't trade for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment