"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Remembrance

Today is Good Friday.  I am reminded of the early beginnings of our health system and when we came together just after Holy Week in 1996.  When the Western Maryland Health System was formed, we brought Memorial Hospital and Medical Center together with Sacred Heart Hospital. Through the affiliation and over the first 12 years, I was blessed with having over twenty Daughters of Charity as part of my professional life as well as my family.  These very special women of religion would pray for me, give me both professional and spiritual guidance, as well as, provide direction and love.  They embraced this former Irish Catholic from the time that I met them to our separation from Ascension Health in 2008 and beyond.   (Note: I became a Lutheran shortly after I married my wife nearly 35 years ago.  I so admired, then and today, the strength of her faith, so I figured why not, I can use all of the help that I can get.)  As we celebrate the resurrection of Christ on Easter Sunday, it gives me great comfort knowing that many of these Sisters have found eternal life in Heaven, while others continue to serve other health ministries throughout the county.  Missed, but never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment