"The Ronan Report" provides insight about the activities at the Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, Maryland, and about the changes taking place in healthcare today from a CEO's perspective.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First Day of Spring or Is It Summer?

Today is the first day of spring.  Wow, what a winter.  I shoveled small amounts of snow only twice this winter, and that's it.  In the fall, I had the snow blower serviced for that harsh winter that was expected.  It has been already stored for next winter.  Instead of the first day of spring, it really feels like the first day of summer.  These temperatures are June temps not March temps.  I live at an elevation of around 2500 feet above sea level and everything blooms usually a little later, as it is.  Not this year, virtually everything in my yard is two weeks ahead of schedule.  Also, I celebrated my birthday on Saturday, yes, St. Patrick's Day (Barry Patrick Ronan born on March 17 in the evening into an Irish Catholic family.  My father called to tell his family of my birth during their St. Patrick's Day party.  Can you imagine the hangovers in that family the next day?)  Anyway, I digress. This was the warmest birthday that I remember living in the Northeast.  Amazing.  Anyway, Happy Spring.  Enjoy the warmer temperatures and the longer evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment